Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dvaravati Exhibition & Symposium, Bangkok

In conjunction with the 'Dvaravati Exhibition' held at the National Museum Bangkok, I will be attending the first international sympsium 'Before Siam was Born' on Dvaravati studies here in Bangkok this week. I hope to get a broader understanding of the early history of Thailand and a defination of Davaravati. This will help me in my travels to Nakhon Pathom, the heartland of the so called Dvaravati Kingdom to understand the Dvaravati Art and Architecture I'll be photographing. Nakhon Pathom is one of Thailand's oldest religious and historical centers. I am looking forward to seeing the famous Phra Pathom Chedi. For additional information on the exhibition and symposium in English visit the National Museum Volunteers website: http://www.museumvolunteersbkk.net/html/coming_up.html

No comments:

Post a Comment